Friday, July 16, 2010

Fitness Friday - Tip #1

For our first Fitness Friday I am going to let you in on a little secret I've learned for burning calories. Come closer. Little closer. I don't want just anyone hearing. Ok, you ready to hear it? Keep moving! That's the most basic tip I can give you, which is why I'm putting it as our first one. You're not going to be a super model in no time, but it will help keep you from adding more weight on. Waiting for a meeting, or reading an article for an essay? Pace. Choice between stairs and elevator? Pick the stairs. Going to the grocery store or mall? Park at the end of the parking lot. I even knew a guy when I worked at a grocery store who would come in every morning and walk laps around the store. The main idea is to keep active. You can always be doing something. Sitting at your desk at work, bring in a balance ball and sit on that instead of your chair. Or set a time each hour to stop what your doing and just stretch a little. Anything you can do to keep yourself moving, do it. Sometimes my family thinks I'm going insane because I will rock back and forth in my chair. That's just me keeping my body moving. Obviously, the more you move the better, but some of us have very busy lifestyles and don't have time to make it to the gym every day. And those of us that do sometimes have a little trouble laying off the sweets (that one applies to me, for sure). No matter what the case, if you want to avoid putting on a lot of extra weight, make sure you are always in action.

I hope this tip helps some of you. And don't forget to send in any questions you would like answered on Wednesday.

Have a beautiful, healthy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment